The Christmas Tag!

Hello everyone,
I thought I’d start out my Christmas and winter blog posts with “The Christmas Tag”. I love doing tags, they remind me of what blogs and YouTube videos used to be so today I thought I’d do a little tag to get everyone in the Christmas spirit. I have to say, I’ve been in the Christmas mood since October but I’ve managed to contain myself...up until now.

1. What is your favourite Christmas movie(s)?
I absolutely love Christmas movies/films but I’d have to say my all time favourite Christmas film has to be “Elf”! It just gets me in such a lovely Christmas and festive mood but is also very funny at the same time! I do love other films like “Home Alone” & “Dr Seuss’ How The Grinch Stoke Christmas” too.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
My grandma is Swiss and so I am 1/4 Swiss so we have a little tradition in our family that we open one present on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day! Our present also comes along with a scratch card each, but we wait until after dinner to open the present and see if we’ve won anything. We then open all our presents throughout the day on the 25th December, but we once again leave another scratch card and present for after dinner! We also do this on Boxing Day and on New Year’s Eve too. I’m going to be totally honest with you, I don’t know why or how this tradition came about, but we do it every year without fail and I really like being able to extend the festive period.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I can’t remember any specific Christmas memories but I did have an amazing Christmas a few years ago when my parents surprised myself and my brother with MacBooks! We asked for them but never ever thought we would get them especially after they gave us a big present earlier that Christmas morning! We were both so grateful and our reaction was priceless. Other than presents, I generally just love being around family at Christmas and doing so many fun festive things!

4. Favourite festive food?
I love Christmas/festive food and for some reason it always tastes so much nicer around Christmas. I love when my mum brings out the boxes of Celebrations or Heroes around Christmas time but I also love having pigs in blanket on Christmas - they are absolutely delicious!

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
Like I mentioned previously, I’d probably have to say the MacBook as it was so unexpected. However, many years ago when my parents surprised myself and my brother with the iPhone 3GS. It was previously my parents’ phone but they both upgraded to the iPhone 4S. They kept it a secret and didn’t tell us so I no longer had to use my useless pink Nokia. I was only about 9 and an iPhone was the best thing ever to me.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
I do love a good candle, especially Yankee Candle. But, my favourite Christmas scent would have to be something apple scented, I love how fresh and strong that smell is and it always makes me feel festive!

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
We have quite a few Christmas Eve traditions! First of all, my Swiss grandparents come over and we open their presents, the other present and the scratch card. Secondly, for dinner we always have something light, normally nibbles and dips! Finally, to end the evening we watch a Christmas film all together as a family and we may also play some games on the Wii (which we use once a year), place out the carrot, mince pie and milk and then go to bed whilst my parents make the magic happen. I can never get to sleep on Christmas Eve, even at 14, the excitement is just too much!

8. What tops your tree?
Our tree topper normally changes each year but it is normally a delicate but sparkly star on the main tree, and then on other trees it differs from angels to stars depending on how the tree is decorated!

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) thing you always asked for but never received?
I can’t really remember one thing in particular that I asked for but never got, other than a doll that could got to the toilet, for some reason my parents thought it was a good idea to buy it for me, which they did, but what on Earth was I thinking?! I have always asked for a pet too, never put it on my Christmas list but I have mentioned it for many years! 

10. What’s the best part about Christmas for you?
I love Christmas Day itself but I absolutely love the build up. 1st December advent begins and Christmas music plays. Then the Christmas tree goes up mid-December and I love decorating it with my mum! At school everyone is happy and at my school we all decorate our studies (classroom type areas) and have competitions and everyone I know seems to have birthdays around December so lots of parties happen. School Christmas dinners occur as well as exchanging presents and doing Secret Santa! I love the festive season especially when you get to spend it with friends and family.

I hope you have all enjoyed learning a little bit more about my Christmas with family and friends! What do you love about Christmas?

See you soon,

Evie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To My Blog!

My Mental Health Journey...So Far

My Current Favourite Photographs