My Current Favourite Photographs

Hello everyone!

So today I wanted to share with you some of my favourite photos and how I took/edited them.
I do a range of photography including nature and people! I also tend to edit my photos on lightroom, or if it is for Instagram I will edit them of vsco cam on my phone.

I very rarely get to snap photos of my friends since very few of my friends want me to take photos of them. However, I do love to take photos of nature including animals and plants.

This first photo I am particularly proud of, for two main reasons. Let me talk about creating the imagine first, I took this with the Nikon D5200 and the Nikkor Macro 40mm lens. I took this in August 2017 outside of my house in England.

I really didn't think when I was capturing this images that any of them would turn out good, but for once, I am very happy with how this photo turned out.

I am also very happy with this photo as I entered it into a school biology photo competition to raise money for a school trip. They picked 12 winners for a calendar and I happened to be one of those 12 people!

I really didn't think my photography was very good and always compared myself to others but being one of the 12 winners really boosted my confidence and I have gradually learnt to stop comparing my photography to other photographer's work. I stopped comparing because every photographer is different, your work will NEVER been the same as anyone else's and therefore you can't possibly compare your work to others.


This second photo is a picture of my friend's eye. I took this on the same camera and lens as the last image and I took this in August 2017.

I have a love for macro eye photos - I love being able to see the beauty in things you never normally see close-up. That is one of the beautiful things about macro photography.





My third photo is one I took on my Canon G9X. I took this whilst flying from Washington D.C to Florida whilst on holiday in July 2017.

I love travelling, especially when visiting new places and sitting in the window seat ahaha!

I played around with the editing of this photo on lightroom and I love the final image!



For now, those are my top 3 favourite photos I've recently taken. I'm always open for critique and advice on improving my photography because I always want to improve and grow my photography.

I hope you all enjoyed seeing some of my photography and learning a little bit about what style of photography I tend to do!
See you soon,
Evie x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To My Blog!

My Mental Health Journey...So Far